The problem: when you try to tether your Android data connection to a Windows7 PC, it all works until Windows7 comes back with “Could not connect to network” message. Trouble shooting says little. I search the internet up and down and could not find the solution, until I did the following (its possibly not pure coincidence, and that the previous steps I took might have affected it)
- in the wireless networks icon in system tray, I right clicked on my tethered network, and found two options: connect, and properties.
- clicked on properties, prompted with a dialog that has “password” in it!
- that was weird as it is, because this network is supposedly “incoming”
- entered the correct password, and tried to connect again… and it worked!
previously: I had to update intel wireless adapter driver (Wifi Link 5100 AGN) to 14.x, and I restarted the computer. It created another entry under Network adapters: Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adaptor, don’t know what that is and I don’t care. I can tether now Mama!